In this navigation guide, we walk you through the entire mobile app experience. If you have a specific question, browse the frequently asked questions or use the search box and enter a question or topic.
If you still need help, please contact the DOE help desk by logging into ServiceNow and submitting an incident ticket at http://help.hidoe.org. Or, call the IT help desk, Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at (808) 564-6000. Neighbor islands, please use the HATS line at 8-1-808-692-7250.
- Log in to the app
- Add a shortcut to the app on your mobile device
- Change your user preferences
- Create a service log
- Search for a service log
- Edit a service log
- Approve a service log (supervisors only)
- Delete a service log
- Log out of the app
Log in to the app
To log in to the mobile app:
- Using your mobile device, open an internet browser, such as Safari or Chrome.
- Enter the following web address: pt.ecsssonline.k12.hi.us
- Enter your eCSSS username and password, then select Log in.
If you need to change your username or password, please contact the DOE help desk.
Add a shortcut to the app on your mobile device
To save time, you can add a shortcut on your mobile device so that you don’t have to enter the web address every time you need to log in.
For iPhones and other iOS mobile devices
- Open an internet browser, such as Safari or Chrome, and go to pt.ecsssonline.k12.hi.us
- Select the share icon , then select Add to Home Screen .
- On the Add to Home Screen window, select Add.
- Go to your home screen to view and move the shortcut icon.
For Android devices
- Open an internet browser, such as Chrome, and go to pt.ecsssonline.k12.hi.us
- Select the ellipses , then select Add to Home screen.
- On the Add to Home screen window, enter a title for the shortcut (optional), then select Add.
- Either select and hold the icon to manually place the shortcut on your Home screen or select Add Automatically.
Change your user preferences
In User Preferences, you can:
- Turn tooltips on and off. Tooltips appear when you select or hover over certain fields, and they provide helpful hints to complete those fields. Note that tooltips may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Set your default view on login. Note that you may only have one option depending on your role as a provider or scheduler.
To change your user preferences:
- Select the User Menu, then User Preferences.
- Select the star to turn a user preference on or off.
Create a service log
To create a service log, follow these steps:
- Go to the Service Logs dashboard and select Create Service Log.
- In the Select Provider window, start typing the name of the provider. Choose the correct provider from the list, then Select Student.
- In the Select Student window, use Find Student or Filter School to search for a student, or scroll down the list. Use the Sort options to list students in order by name, school, or last service date. Select the checkbox next to each student, or choose Select All. When finished, select Create Service Log.
- The Add Service Log window appears with a tab for each student.
- If you selected more than one student, you must complete the current student service log before navigating to the next.
- Select the X on the current student tab to cancel the service log for that student.
- You cannot add additional students from the Add Service Log window. Complete and submit logs for the selected students, then go back to Create Service Log to create service logs for additional students.
- Complete the Service Information fields.
- Select a Level of Need from the list.
- If you select Skills, the service minutes are Medicaid reimbursable.
- If you select Maintenance, the service minutes are not Medicaid reimbursable.
- If you select Student Absent or Provider Absent, you do not need to enter the Start Time, End Time, Service Length, Group Type, Delivery Mode, or Documentation of Service, and those fields will be hidden.
- Enter a Start Time and End Time, or enter a Start Time and Service Length.
- Service Length is automatically calculated when you enter a Start Time and End Time.
- End Time is automatically calculated when you enter a Start Time and Service Length.
- Location Details is optional if you want to document additional information about the service location.
- Select a Group Type from the list. Individual is shown by default.
- Select a Delivery Mode from the list. If you select In-Person, you will have the option to enter a Classroom Number.
- Select a Level of Need from the list.
- Complete the Documentation Of Service fields.
- Enter the number of Minutes, select the Procedure Description and Objective(s), then type a brief description of the Outcome.
- If you provided a procedure that is not in the Procedure Description list, type a brief description, and the field will automatically categorize the procedure as “Other.”
- “Other” procedures are not considered Medicaid reimbursable and do not count toward the Total Reimbursable Minutes.
- If the Level of Need is Maintenance, you can enter an “Other” procedure. If the Level of Need is Skills, you must select a procedure from the list.
- Total Reimbursable Minutes is automatically calculated and read-only. This field displays the sum of minutes for Medicaid-reimbursable procedures.
- If the Level of Need is Skills, the Total Reimbursable Minutes must equal the Service Length.
- If the Level of Need is Maintenance, the Total Reimbursable Minutes is zero because Maintenance sessions are not Medicaid reimbursable.
- Select +Add Procedure and scroll down to enter another procedure.
- Select the Trash icon to delete a procedure.
- Enter descriptions for Relevant Student Behavior, Objective Note, Assessment of Performance/Progress, and Proposed Plan and Target for Upcoming Services and follow the guidance provided. Note that when the student or provider is absent, these fields do not appear.
- Select the Provider Signature checkbox, and your username and today’s date appear as your digital signature.
- The Submit button is disabled by default. To submit a service log, select one of the available save options to enable the Submit button.
- Select Save, then Submit to submit the service log and view your Submission History.
- Select Save and Clone, then Submit to save the current service log and create a copy. The copy simplifies data entry for a similar service log for the student. You can modify the copied service log before submitting. The Save and Clone option is not available when creating service logs for multiple students.
- If you are creating service logs for multiple students, select Save and Next Student, then Submit to save and submit the current student service log and open the service log for the next student.
- When you finish submitting all service logs, the Submission History window appears.
Search for a service log
To help with continuity of service, you may view all service logs for any student you have access to, including other providers’ logs. Only providers who are currently assigned to a student can view the student’s logs. Please contact the student’s school administration if you do not have access to a student you are assigned to.
To search for an existing service log, follow these steps:
- From the Service Logs dashboard, select Search Service Logs.
- Select Retrieve Logs to see all your service logs, or use the filters to narrow your search by student, service location, or dates.
Note that the Find Provider field is limited to the provider currently logged in. Admin users with access to multiple providers can filter by the providers they have access to.
- To view a longer search results list, select the Service Logs results drop-down list. Select 10, 25, 50, or 100 to designate the maximum number of records displayed per page. Use the arrows at the bottom of the window to access the previous or next page.
- Select a record to view the service log details.
Edit a service log
As a provider, you can only edit your own service logs. Therefore, if you don’t have edit access to a service log, the edit, copy, and delete icons are not shown. However, you can still select a record to display a read-only summary of the student’s service log.
To edit an existing service log, follow these steps:
- Search for the student or service log you want to change (refer to Search for a service log for instructions).
- Select the Edit icon to open the Edit Service Log window. Note that all changes are tracked and timestamped.
- Edit the fields as needed, then select Save and Submit.
If you notice any error in student information, please advise the student’s school administration of the error.
Approve a service log (supervisors only)
Supervisors can approve a service log by searching for the service log and selecting the Edit icon (refer to Edit a service log for instructions).
To approve a service log, follow these steps:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the service log, then select the Supervision Signature checkbox. Your username and PT credential and today’s date appear as your digital signature. Note that this checkbox is read-only for providers without PT credentials who need their service logs approved.
- Select Save, then Submit.
- The approved service log now includes a green checkmark.
Delete a service log
If you enter a service log by mistake, you can delete the service log by searching for the log and selecting the Delete icon.
Note that deleted service logs cannot be recovered. Therefore, if you delete a service log by mistake, you need to recreate the log (refer to Create a service log for instructions).
Log out of the app
To log out of the app, select the User Menu, then Logout.
Browse through the PT Service Log Frequently Asked Questions or contact the DOE help desk.